1823 Abriter Ct
Naperville, IL 60563
The human body is designed to be an active body, not to sit for hours a day. Focusing our bodies to lock into a set position for long periods of time can result in some muscles becoming very tight and some becoming very weak. Having our head protrude forward is just such a situation and it can significantly impact a person’s ability to function easily, without pain, and can contribute to a number of debilitating conditions including headache, respiratory problems, and shoulder injuries.
This one–day, hands–on course gives you the tools to relieve the postural distortion and regain pain–free, unrestricted and fluid movement. Participants will learn about specific muscle imbalances and how they lead to faulty movement patterns and dysfunctions. At the end of this course, you will have the tools to help you and your clients achieve pain relief, more mobility, and a healthy, supportive posture.
What You Will Learn:
- •Identify the key movement patterns involved in Upper Crossed Syndrome and their effects on key structures
- •Review common complaints and distinguish conditions linked to Upper Crossed Syndrome
- •Discover effective strategies for addressing musculature issues involved with the syndrome
- •Demonstrate effective techniques to restore muscle balance, healthy movement, and posture
- •Practice stretches and simple strengthening movements to address symptoms