4201 S Congress Ave
Austin, TX 78745
Can you recognize the symptoms of plantar fasciitis before it evolves into severe foot pain – restricting movement and freedom? In this class we will explore the causes of common foot problems, including plantar fasciitis, as well as methods to restore pain-free function for the foot.
What You Will Learn:
- The purpose of the plantar fascia
- The physiology of the plantar fascia
- Definition of plantar fasciitis
- Comparison with other foot conditions, such as tarsal tunnel and heel spurs
- Symptoms of plantar fasciitis
- Causes and risk factors of plantar fasciitis
- Describe common treatments for plantar fasciitis
- Massage interventions
Michelle Burns has been a massage therapist since 1992 and has focused her practice on working with medically compromised clients. Prior to becoming a massage therapist, she worked as a registered nurse and later, as a health recovery specialist. Michelle has studied with numerous well-known therapists as well as body physiology specialists, to provide her with the tools to make a difference. She has been teaching for over 10 years and her classes are full of information and opportunities to explore. She currently has a massage business in Austin.